Dark Sky Wales Customer Loyalty stargazing events & gift voucher discount
As a thank you to our customers for previously booking a Dark Sky Wales stargazing event, or purchasing gift vouchers, we would like to offer you a 15% discount on astronomy or astrophotography events and gift vouchers.
This offer is not yet open to anyone else as we would like to give you the opportunity to, yet again, experience a unique stargazing or astrophotography event. Or, perhaps you would like to purchase gift vouchers for friends and family so they can also experience the fantastic dark night sky.
We have had some amazing experiences and captured some fantastic images so far this year. Favourites include; Midsummer’s Night where we saw some amazing noctilucent clouds during the Summer Solstice, spotting Jupiter near the Milky Way core during our annual Spanish Observatory event, and of course, meeting none other than Carol Vorderman as a guest during her BBC Radio Wales show!
Couples Stargazing, 1:1 tuition, Astrophotography…
There are some great ‘astronomical’ events coming up over the next few months, including September‘s Autumnal Equinox, Draconids and Orionid meteor showers in October and a rare transit of Mercury in November.
Take a look at our events calendar to book your place at one of our astronomy or astrophotography evenings, or if you want to get that unique gift for the ‘hard to buy for’ person in your life, then our gift vouchers are perfect!
Christmas…there, we said it!
Give the family a unique experience on the lead up to Christmas to explore constellations, planets, nebulae and galaxies. Using telescopes to explore the moon and planets in detail and venture further into the depths of the universe. Take things a little further and image the night sky maybe capturing the death of a star or the birth of another planet. Nothing is impossible!
Customer loyalty early bird offer
This early bird offer is being given to you as a thank you for attending our events or buying gift vouchers from us and is valid until the end of October 2019.
Our offer will be extended via our social media pages, later in September 2019 so please take advantage of booking events early to avoid disappointment.
Lastly, earlier this year, we announced plans for our vision of Planetariwm Wales.
In this short video, Tim Smit of the Eden Project explains how a Planetarium here in Hirwaun, Aberdare can be “something that is genuinely world class…”
Wales’ first national planetarium aims to be:
- A landmark visitor attraction with market penetration across the UK and internationally
- A centre for the promotion and support of science, technology, engineering, and maths education across Wales
- A facility for leading-edge research and development in the field of digital visualisation, hosting university graduate and post-graduate courses
- A beacon for Welsh economic development in the field of digital media, fostering relationships with the global industry
- A showcase for the wider redevelopment of the Tower Regeneration estate
- A catalyst for future employment investment and the development of science and technology business along the western section of the Heads of the Valleys corridor
- A centre for the digital delivery of world class entertainment and sporting events